Educational posters to remind your students of the different spelling strategies.
Print, cut and laminate these Spelling Strategy Posters. Display them in your classroom and use them as prompts for students when completing spelling activities.
This set of educational posters includes strategies such as:
- Syllables – Break the word into syllables. Most often a syllable will contain a vowel.
- Blends – Look for blends in the words.
- Rhyming words – Think of a word you know that rhymes.
- Base words – Look for small words inside the word.
- Ask for help – Ask someone next to you or the teacher for help.
- Displays – Look at the displays around the room and use them to help you.
- Dictionary – Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Beginning, middle and end sounds – Say the word to yourself and write the sounds you hear at the beginning, middle and end.
- Prefixes and suffixes – Look for a prefix or suffix in the word that you already know.
- Does it look right? – Write the words on a piece of scrap paper to see if it looks right.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Error corrected on Blends poster.
Fix by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Aug 2nd, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!