A Lunar New Year-themed ‘Year of the Ox’ string puppet template.
Use this printable template to create a Year of the Ox string puppet for Lunar New Year activities and when your students are learning about the Lunar Zodiac Animals.
Print and photocopy the Year of the Ox – String Puppet Craft Template. You will need one per student. The puppets can be made using regular paper or using a lightweight card.
- Decorate and cut out each part of the puppet.
- Punch holes through each of the small circles on the template.
- Fold the body of the ox along the two dashed lines (the fold becomes the belly of the ox).
- Glue the ears onto each side of the face. Use split pins or glue to attach the legs, the head and the tail to
- Tape one piece of string to the back of the head and another piece of string to the back of the body near
the tail. Attach the other end of each string to a wooden ruler or pop sticks.
A blank template is also included with this resource. Click the drop-down arrow next to the Download button.