A Lunar New Year-themed ‘Year of the Ox’ string puppet template.
Use this teaching resource when celebrating the Lunar New Year with your students.
Print out the template using regular printer paper or cardstock for a stiffer string puppet.
- Decorate and cut out each part of the puppet.
- Punch holes through each of the small circles on the template.
- Fold the body of the ox along the two dashed lines (the fold becomes the belly of the ox).
- Glue the ears onto each side of the head. Use brass brads or glue to attach the legs, the head, and the tail to the body.
- Tape one piece of string to the back of the head and another piece of string to the back of the body near the tail. Attach the other end of each string to a wooden ruler or craft sticks.
There are two versions of the resource available: a patterned version or a blank version for students who want to add their own designs. Use the drop-down menu to choose your preferred option.