A craft activity to help celebrate Chinese New Year!
There is a colour version and a black and white option for students who would like to add their own colours and designs.
How to construct the lantern:
- Colour the lantern and handle if desired.
- Cut-out the lantern along the solid lines.
- Fold the lantern in half along the horizontal (longer) axis.
- Cut along the dotted lines, making sure you stop at the end of each line. Do not cut all the way through!
- Unfold your paper. With the coloured section on the outside, curl the lantern around and glue the ends together to create a circular lantern.
- Cut-out the paper strip on the lantern template. Use a stapler to attach this paper handle to the lantern.