A craft activity to help celebrate Chinese New Year!
There is a color version and a black and white option for students who want to add their own colors and designs.
How to construct the lantern:
- Color the lantern and handle (if using the black and white version).
- Cut out the lantern along the solid lines.
- Fold the lantern in half along the horizontal (longer) axis.
- Cut along the dotted lines, making sure you stop at the end of each line. Do not cut all the way through!
- Unfold your paper. With the colored section on the outside, curl the lantern around and glue the ends together to create a circular lantern.
- Cut out the paper strip on the lantern template. Use a stapler to attach this paper handle to the lantern.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!