A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the lower years when studying the elements of Visual Art.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint - Lower Years
- Line and Feeling Sorting Activity - F to Year 2
- Patterning Guide Template - F to Year 2
- Patterns, Lines and Feelings Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Colour PowerPoint - Lower Years
- Cylinder Sculpture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape PowerPoint - Lower Years
- Origami Animal Faces Worksheet
- Organic Shape Puzzle
- My Garden Grows Activity