A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the middle years when studying the elements of Visual Art.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity – Year 3 to Year 6
- Patterning Guide Template – Year 3 and Year 4
- Pattern to Picture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Colour PowerPoint – Middle Years
- What’s in a Colour? Sorting Activity
- Marvellous Monochrome Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Organically Abstract Mobile Activity
- My Crazy Clay Critter Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Talkin’ Texture Game
- Textured Mandala Template
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Art and design
Pupils should be taught to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design. Pupils should be taught: to create sket...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!