A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the lower grades when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the visual art elements of line, color, and shape.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that art and classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Lower Years
- Line and Feeling Sorting Activity – Primary Grades
- Patterning Guide Template
- Patterns, Lines, and Feelings Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint – Lower Years
- Cylinder Sculpture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape PowerPoint – Lower Years
- Origami Animal Faces Worksheet
- Organic Shape Puzzle
- My Garden Grows Activity
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!