A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the lower years when studying the elements of Visual Art.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that art and classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Lower Years
- Line and Feeling Sorting Activity – Primary Grades
- Patterning Guide Template
- Patterns, Lines, and Feelings Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint – Lower Years
- Cylinder Sculpture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape PowerPoint – Lower Years
- Origami Animal Faces Worksheet
- Organic Shape Puzzle
- My Garden Grows Activity
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!