A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the middle grades when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the visual art elements of line, color, shape, form, and texture.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint - Middle Years
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Patterning Guide Template
- Organically Abstract Mobile Activity
- Talkin' Texture Game
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint - Middle Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity - Upper Elementary
- My Crazy Clay Critter Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint - Middle Years
- Pattern to Picture Activity
- What's in a Color? Sorting Activity
- Marvelous Monochrome Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint - Middle Years
- International Dot Day Textured Mandala Template