A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the middle grades when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the visual art elements of line, color, shape, form, and texture.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity – Upper Elementary
- Patterning Guide Template
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint – Middle Years
- What’s in a Color? Sorting Activity
- Marvelous Monochrome Activity
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Organically Abstract Mobile Activity
- My Crazy Clay Critter Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Talkin’ Texture Game
- Textured Mandala Template
- Pattern to Picture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint – Middle Years
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!