A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the middle grades when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the visual art elements of line, color, shape, form, and texture.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity – Upper Elementary
- Patterning Guide Template
- Visual Arts Elements Color PowerPoint – Middle Years
- What’s in a Color? Sorting Activity
- Marvelous Monochrome Activity
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Organically Abstract Mobile Activity
- My Crazy Clay Critter Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint – Middle Years
- Talkin’ Texture Game
- Textured Mandala Template
- Pattern to Picture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint – Middle Years
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!