A 21 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching discounts to your students.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students how to calculate simple discounts (10%, 25%, 50%) by converting the discount to either a fraction or a decimal. It covers the following content:
- an introduction to discounts, including some everyday examples of when discounts may be applied
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a fraction
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a decimal
- an explanation of how to calculate sale price by subtracting the discount
- example questions to be completed as a class
- review questions for students to complete independently.