An interactive 21-slide PowerPoint to use when teaching discounts to your students.
This teaching presentation has been designed to teach your students how to calculate simple discounts by converting the discount to either a fraction or a decimal. It covers the following content:
- an introduction to discounts, including some everyday examples of when discounts may be applied
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a fraction
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a decimal
- an explanation of how to calculate sale price by subtracting the discount
- example questions to be completed as a class
- review questions for students to complete independently.
Use the drop-down menu to choose between the editable PowerPoint or PDF version.
Please note that the PDF version will not include the interactive functions that the PowerPoint version does.