An interactive 21-slide PowerPoint to use when teaching discounts to your students.
This teaching presentation has been designed to teach your students how to calculate simple discounts by converting the discount to either a fraction or a decimal. It covers the following content:
- an introduction to discounts, including some everyday examples of when discounts may be applied
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a fraction
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a decimal
- an explanation of how to calculate sale price by subtracting the discount
- example questions to be completed as a class
- review questions for students to complete independently.
Use the drop-down menu to choose between the editable PowerPoint or PDF version.
Please note that the PDF version will not include the interactive functions that the PowerPoint version does.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100 (e.g., 30% of a quantity means 30/100 times the quantity); solve problems involving finding the whole, given a part and the percent.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
We have updated the look of this powerpoint and have made it interactive.
Change by Natalie Oct 17th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!