A 21-slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching discounts to your students.
This teaching presentation has been designed to teach your students how to calculate simple discounts (10%, 25%, 50%) by converting the discount to either a fraction or a decimal. It covers the following content:
- an introduction to discounts, including some everyday examples of when discounts may be applied
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a fraction
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a decimal
- an explanation of how to calculate sale price by subtracting the discount
- example questions to be completed as a class
- review questions for students to complete independently.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100 (e.g., 30% of a quantity means 30/100 times the quantity); solve problems involving finding the whole, given a part and the percent.
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!