A worksheet to deepen students' understanding of fractions.
Assign each student a fraction, or allow the students to choose their own fraction. This is written in the box at the top of the worksheet.
Students then complete a ‘fact file’ for their chosen fraction. Activities include:
- identifying the numerator and denominator
- identifying an equivalent fraction, decimal and percentage
- locating the fraction on a number line
- drawing a visual representation of the fraction
- writing a word problem about the fraction.
Display the completed worksheets around your classroom.