A workbook to use when teaching homophones.
Provide this workbook to students to assist them in consolidating their understanding of using homophones correctly in context. Some of the activities in this workbook include:
- cutting out and matching pairs of written homophones
- choosing the correct homophone to use in a sentence
- drawing a picture to illustrate a homophone’s meaning
- matching a picture with the correct written homophone
- practising use of ‘there and their’, ‘wear and where’ and ‘your and you’re’
- circling the incorrect homophones in a passage of text.
Answer sheets for teachers are also provided.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Duplicated instructions on the Homophones 2 page have been updated/corrected.
Fix by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 16th, 2021
Update of workbook design.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 7th, 2020
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!