A workbook to use when teaching homophones.
Provide this workbook to students to assist them in consolidating their understanding of using homophones correctly in context. Some of the activities in this workbook include:
- cutting out and matching pairs of written homophones
- choosing the correct homophone to use in a sentence
- drawing a picture to illustrate a homophone’s meaning
- matching a picture with the correct written homophone
- practising use of ‘there and their’, ‘wear and where’ and ‘your and you’re’
- circling the incorrect homophones in a passage of text.
Answer sheets for teachers are also provided.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
NSW Curriculum alignment
Uses a range of strategies, including knowledge of letterâ€“sound correspondences and common letter patterns, to spell familiar and some unfamiliar words
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read and write a large core of high frequency words including homophones and know how to use context to identify correct spellingElaborationsusing meaning and context to determine the spelling of homophones, for example âthereâ and âth...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Update of workbook design.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 7th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!