A workbook to use when teaching homophones.
Provide this workbook to students to assist them in consolidating their understanding of using homophones correctly in context. Some of the activities in this workbook include:
- cutting out and matching pairs of written homophones
- choosing the correct homophone to use in a sentence
- drawing a picture to illustrate a homophone’s meaning
- matching a picture with the correct written homophone
- practising use of ‘there and their’, ‘wear and where’ and ‘your and you’re’
- circling the incorrect homophones in a passage of text.
Answer sheets for teachers are also provided.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
NSW Curriculum alignment
Uses a range of strategies, including knowledge of letterâ€“sound correspondences and common letter patterns, to spell familiar and some unfamiliar words
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read and write a large core of high frequency words including homophones and know how to use context to identify correct spelling
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!