A practice pack to use when teaching homophones.
Provide this practice pack to students to help reinforce their understanding of using homophones correctly in context.
Some of the activities in this pack include:
- cutting out and matching pairs of written homophones
- choosing the correct homophone to use in a sentence
- drawing a picture to illustrate a homophone’s meaning
- matching a picture with the correct written homophone
- practicing the use of ‘there and their’, ‘wear and where’, and ‘your and you’re’ in context
- circling the incorrect homophones in a passage and rewriting it correctly..
Answer sheets are also included in a separate download. Use the drop-down menu to download.
Be sure and also check out our Homophones Practice Pack – Part 2.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Use conventional spelling for high-frequency and other studied words and for adding suffixes to base words (e.g., sitting, smiled, cries, happiness).
Correctly use frequently confused words (e.g., to, too, two; there, their).*
Spell grade-appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
We have updated the layout of each page in this pack.
Change by Natalie May 8th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!