Learn about the life and contributions of Barack Obama with a printable mini-book filled with facts and details for early readers.
Let’s Learn About Barack Obama!
This printable book is perfect for early elementary students learning about America, Presidents’ Day, or during Black History Month.
This mini-book tells the story of Barack Obama’s life and legacy in a way that young readers can understand and enjoy. The book includes fun facts, grade-level appropriate text, and images to help students understand his contributions to society.
Looking for Barack Obama Fun Facts?
We’ve got a few of those! Check out these surprising facts about Barack Obama.
- Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.
- His father was from Kenya, and his mother was from Kansas.
- He grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia.
- He went to Harvard Law School, where he became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.
- He worked as a civil rights attorney and community organizer before entering politics as a community organizer in Chicago’s South Side neighborhood of Roseland (where he met Michelle Robinson).
- In 1992, he became the first African American elected to the Illinois Senate; in 1996, he won a seat in Congress representing Illinois’ 1st District, which includes much of Chicago’s South Side neighborhoods, including Roseland and Bronzeville
No-Prep Black History Month Activities & Ideas
Check out the library for more activities and resources to bring into the classroom during Black History Month. Here are a few ideas for using the mini-book to supplement your February lesson plans.
- Have students read the book together as a class and follow up with a discussion about what they learned.
- Have students complete the interactive activities in the book, either individually or in small groups.
- Have students create a timeline of Obama’s life using the information from the book.
- Have students write their short biography of Obama, using the information from the book as a guide.
This mini-book is a great way to make learning about Barack Obama and some of the most influential Black Americans in history fun and engaging for young students. Download, print, and copy your mini-book and you’re ready to go!
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and Teach Starter Collaborator.