Provide your learners with an organized method of note-taking with a French and Indian War note-taking template.
Enhance Your Students’ Note-Taking Skills
As a former middle school teacher, I can attest to the fact that many of the students entering upper grades struggle greatly with the concept of note-taking. They’re unsure of what they should write down, their handwriting and organization are off, or they’re just not motivated to take notes without a goal in mind. We’ve put together a way for you to help bridge the gap between elementary and middle school with a French and Indian War Doodle Notes template.
Printable Activities for the French and Indian War
This note-taking template provides students with an organized and graphically pleasing way to take notes on the French and Indian War. This note-taking template provides the learner with space to note the following concepts
- Who fought in the French and Indian War and who led each side
- When and where the French and Indian War occurred
- Why the French and Indian War began
- How the French and Indian war ended
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
In addition to independent student work time, use this worksheet as an activity for:
- Cross-Curricular reading groups
- Lesson warm-up
- Lesson wrap-up
- Fast finishers
- Homework assignment
- Whole-class review (via smartboard)
To challenge your accelerated students,
- Provide your students with a completed note sheet, and have them use the content to create a French and Indian War anchor chart or poster for the classroom.
- Provide your students with trade books and other informational reading materials to use in the classroom.
To help your struggling readers,
- Complete the activity in a small group or 1:1 learning session.
- Provide your students with differentiated reading materials to reference while completing their notes project.
- Provide students with an anchor chart, poster, or other French and Indian War resources to reference during the activity.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Additionally, project the template onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
Grab more resources to teach the French and Indian War for kids!
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
Reveal another chapter in American History with a reading passage and graphic organizer worksheet on the French and Indian War.
Enhance your students' close reading strategies, vocabulary, and writing skills with a Boston Tea Party reading passage and accompanying activities.
Build vocabulary and understanding of the French and Indian War with a cloze reading passage worksheet.