Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- Who is the leader of this Secret Society? How do you know this?
- What do the different types of hat suggest? Why do you think this?
- Why do you think the symbols on the wall are glowing?
- What is inside the golden cage? Why is it in there?
- Why are the society members holding different types of vegetables?
- What might be in the cave behind the old man? Why do you think this?
- What are the boy and girl near the cage doing? Why are they doing that?
- Why is one of the society members not wearing a hat?
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Find more resources for these topics
English Language Arts and ReadingReadingComprehension SkillsMetacognitive SkillsWorksheetsReading Comprehension StrategiesMaking PredictionsReading Center ActivitiesReading Small Group ActivitiesInferencing
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!