Teach about Martin Luther King, Jr. with 5 mini activities for kindergarten and 1st grade. This printable mini book is teacher-created to bring MLK to life for your students!
Teach About Dr. King With 5 MLK Day Activities in 1 Printable!
Do you have your Martin Luther King, Jr. Day lesson plans mapped out yet? Knock out 5 activities with one simple printable mini book! Your printable activity booklet includes the following:
- Trace It – students trace Martin Luther King, Jr.’s name as they read it.
- Color It – students illustrate the drawing of Dr. King.
- Draw It – students draw a picture showing an example of peace.
- Color It – students color only the images of ideals that Dr. King stood for.
- Find It – students find vocabulary in the word search.
Through this activity, students will get benefits like building vocabulary, writing skills, and hand-eye coordination, to name a few.
Scaffolding + Extension Tips
Use this independent exercise as an exit ticket or reading center activity on the days around MLK Day. Additionally, you can use this writing exercise as a:
- Civil Rights Movement lesson activity
- Black History Month lesson activity
- Homework assignment
- Whole-class lesson review (via smartboard)
Students who need extra support can complete this worksheet in a 1:1 teacher intervention setting or your guided group.
Fast finishers can create another “Find It” activity using different words for a partner to find.
How to Use Your MLK Day Activity Book
This MLK activity book is available in an easy-to-print PDF, and can be printed in black-and-white to save you on your color printing!
After printing, assembling your students’ mini-books is easy. Just fold the paper along the dotted lines to create an activity book for your students to enjoy.
More MLK Lesson Plan Additions
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to stimulate engaging MLK lessons:
[resource:4531361] [resource:3796498] [resource:3993946]