Build geometric reasoning with this set of 24 task cards.
Use this set of task cards to easily implement number talks into your classroom.
Number talks are meant to be short, daily, math activities that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about math. Simply show students the front of the card, and ask the prompts on the back. These exchanges will lead to the development of more accurate, efficient, and flexible strategies for students.
This card set is a great teaching resource designed to help students use geometry to represent relationships including:
- finding the area for parallelograms, trapezoids, and triangles by decomposing and rearranging their parts
- writing equations that represent problems related to the area of rectangles, parallelograms, trapezoids, and triangles
- writing equations that represent problems related to the volume of right rectangular prisms
- solving problems involving the area of parallelograms, trapezoids, and triangles
- solving problems involving the volume of right rectangular prisms.
Print out the task cards front and back so that the prompts are displayed on the back of each card. The cards can also be put on a ring for added convenience.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!