A 23-slide interactive PowerPoint to use when introducing odd and even numbers to your students.
Explore Odd and Even Numbers
Are you introducing your students to the exciting world of odd and even numbers? This comprehensive teaching presentation has been designed to help educators introduce and reinforce the concepts of odd and even numbers in a fun and interactive manner. Concepts covered include:
- Odd and even numbers – the slides start by defining odd and even numbers and laying the foundation for students to differentiate between the two.
- Splitting numbers into groups to visually comprehend how numbers can be split into groups.
- Identifying odd and even numbers activities.
This resource has been created to be flexible, catering to different learning styles and allowing teachers to adapt the content to suit their classroom dynamics.
Odd and Even Number Activities for Kids
Here are some fun ways that you can incorporate engaging activities that explore odd and even numbers to make the learning process enjoyable and memorable for kids after using this teaching presentation:
- Odd and even number hunt – provide a collection of small objects like buttons, stickers, or toy blocks. Ask the kids to sort these objects into two groups – odd and even. They can count the objects in each group to verify their choices.
- Odd and even hopscotch – Create a hopscotch grid with numbers written in each square. Kids take turns tossing a small beanbag onto the grid. The number the beanbag lands on determines whether it’s odd or even. If it’s odd, the child can hop on one foot if it’s even, they hop on two feet.
- Odd and even number line – Draw a number line on a large piece of paper or use masking tape on the floor. Randomly place a number cards along the line. The kids must walk along the number line and identify whether each number is odd or even.
Use the dropdown menu to choose between the Google Slide or PowerPoint version of this resource.
Lisamarie Del Valle, a Teach Starter collaborator, contributed to this resource.