A fun, hands-on craft activity making paper bag holiday puppets!
Use this teaching resource in the classroom to make fun paper bag holiday puppets.
Puppet characters include:
- Santa Claus
This also makes a great, hands-on Christmas classroom activity!
- Fold a regular sized, brown paper lunch bag in half vertically and glue the two sides together.
- This forms a long, rectangle shape with a hole at the bottom for students to use as a puppet.
- Color the cutouts on the template, or use the templates to shape fabric materials or craft paper.
- Design your holiday character’s outfit.
- Cut out all of the pieces you need.
- Glue the template pieces and clothing pieces onto the paper bag!
Ways to use this resource as a writing center activity:
- Have each student write a script that includes their puppet.
- Have a group of students write a script that includes all of their puppets. Then, have them put on a puppet show using their finished script.
- Using our blank comic strip template, have students write a comic that includes their puppet.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!