A fun, hands-on craft activity making paper bag holiday puppets!
Use this teaching resource in the classroom to make fun paper bag holiday puppets.
Puppet characters include:
- Santa Claus
This also makes a great, hands-on Christmas classroom activity!
- Fold a regular sized, brown paper lunch bag in half vertically and glue the two sides together.
- This forms a long, rectangle shape with a hole at the bottom for students to use as a puppet.
- Color the cutouts on the template, or use the templates to shape fabric materials or craft paper.
- Design your holiday character’s outfit.
- Cut out all of the pieces you need.
- Glue the template pieces and clothing pieces onto the paper bag!
Ways to use this resource as a writing center activity:
- Have each student write a script that includes their puppet.
- Have a group of students write a script that includes all of their puppets. Then, have them put on a puppet show using their finished script.
- Using our blank comic strip template, have students write a comic that includes their puppet.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!