Make paper bag puppets for Christmas fun with a printable paper bag puppet template.
Make a Cast of Christmas Paper Bag Puppets This Year!
Grab this fun and festive activity where students will create paper bag puppets of beloved Christmas characters! This is a perfect opportunity for students to get creative, practise their fine motor skills, and engage in storytelling and role-play activities.
Through this activity, students can design and create their favourite Christmas characters using simple materials such as paper lunch bags, markers, and copy paper. Once the puppets are completed, students can use them to act out stories, songs or use them for imaginative play.
Puppet characters include:
- Santa Claus
How to Make a Puppet
This also makes a great, hands-on Christmas classroom activity!
- Fold a regular-sized, brown paper lunch bag in half vertically and glue the two sides together.
- This forms a long, rectangular shape with a hole at the bottom for students to use as puppets.
- Color the cutouts on the template, or use the templates to shape fabric materials or craft paper.
- Design your holiday character’s outfit.
- Cut out all of the pieces you need.
- Glue the template pieces and clothing pieces onto the paper bag!
Need More Paper Bag Puppet Ideas? Try These!
Ways to use this resource as a writing centre activity:
- Have each student write a script that includes their puppet.
- Have a group of students write a script that includes their puppets. Then, have them put on a puppet show using their finished script.
- Using our blank comic strip template, have students write a comic that includes their puppet.