An 8 page worksheet pack to consolidate the learning of punctuation for the early years.
This worksheet pack includes the following worksheets:
- Punctuation Match worksheet – students have to match the correct punctuation mark with its name and definition.
- Sentence Endings worksheet (periods, question marks and exclamation points)
- 2 x Sentence Correction worksheets – students re write sentences with the correct punctuation
- Quotation Marks worksheet
- Punctuation is Fun worksheet – students re write a passage adding in the punctuation
- Comma Practice worksheet – commas in lists and joining independent clauses
- Answers for the above
Other resources you may like:
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2.A
Capitalize dates and names of people....
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2.B
Use end punctuation for sentences....
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.1.2.C
Use commas in dates and to separate single words in a series....
- Grade 3 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Conventions of Standard English > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.2 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.2.C
Use commas and quotation marks in dialogue....
- Grade 4 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Knowledge of Language > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.3 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.3.B
Choose punctuation for effect.*...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!