A 6-page worksheet pack to consolidate the learning of punctuation for the upper grades.
This worksheet pack includes:
- Sentence Punctuation worksheet – students have to place the correct punctuation mark at the end of each sentence. They also have to add in periods, question marks, and exclamation points into a passage of text.
- Using Commas worksheet – students have to place commas in the correct places in sentences. They also have to add missing commas into a passage of text.
- Quotation Marks worksheet – students have to add quotation marks into the correct places in sentences. They also have to add quotation marks into a passage of text.
- Apostrophes worksheet – students rewrite words adding apostrophes to contractions and possessives. They also have to add apostrophes into a passage of text.
- Colons and Semicolons worksheet – students place colons and semicolons in the correct spots in sentences.
- Hyphens, Dashes, and Parentheses worksheet – students add hyphens, dashes, and parentheses into the appropriate places in sentences.
- Answers for the above.
Other resources you may like:
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Use commas and quotation marks to mark direct speech and quotations from a text.
Use a comma before a coordinating conjunction in a compound sentence.
Use punctuation to separate items in a series.*
Use underlining, quotation marks, or italics to indicate titles of works.
Use punctuation (commas, parentheses, dashes) to set off nonrestrictive/parenthetical elements.*
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!