Practice adding and subtracting 10 from a given 3-digit number in this cut-and-paste worksheet.
To complete the worksheet, students find 10 more or less from 3-digit numbers and cut and paste the numbers in their appropriate spaces.
In addition to individual student work time, this worksheet can be used for:
- Guided math groups
- Classroom math station/center
- Pre-lesson knowledge assessment
- Post-lesson exit ticket
- Whole class review (via smartboard)
10 More 10 Less Practice Worksheet + Scaffolding and Extension Tips
Encourage fast finishers to think of random numbers and then find 10 more and less of those numbers on the back of their worksheets.
You can also stretch your students’ skills by using only the first page of the worksheet, requiring students to find the sums and differences without the answers already provided on the second page.
For students who need more support with adding and subtracting 10, provide manipulatives like base 10 blocks to help them visualize the concept. Students can also refer to a hundreds chart or other number display.
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Because this resource includes an answer sheet, we recommend you print one copy of the entire file. Then, make photocopies of the blank worksheets for students to complete.
Please also review our tips for how to turn this classroom resource into a sustainable activity:
- Print a few copies on cardstock and slip them into dry-erase sleeves. Instead of cutting, students can write the numbers in each column with a dry-erase marker, then erase and reuse.
- Print only the first page and have students add and subtract without the list of sums and differences to help them.
- Project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
Before You Download
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource. An answer key is also included with this download.
This resource was created by Allie Kleijnjans, a teacher in Pennsylvania and a Teach Starter Collaborator.
Check out these 10 more 10 less activities while you’re here:
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100-900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100-900.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!