Build vocabulary and understanding of the French and Indian War with a cloze reading passage worksheet.
What was the French and Indian War About?
Despite its name, The French and Indian War was not a fight between the French and the Indians in the New World. The conflict occurred between the British and the French, and the war was named as such because both countries had American Indian allies. While it seems small, the French and Indian War is no small historical event. It’s actually the event that triggered the start of the American Revolution.
Printable Worksheets for the French and Indian War
This worksheet provides students with a cloze activity to help summarize and review concepts and vocabulary related to the French and Indian War. Students will use the included word bank to complete the summary of the event.
An answer key is included with your download to make grading fast and easy!
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
In addition to independent student work time, use this worksheet as an activity for:
- Cross-Curricular reading groups
- Lesson warm-up
- Lesson wrap-up
- Fast finishers
- Homework assignment
- Whole-class review (via smartboard)
To challenge your accelerated students,
- Remove the word bank from the editable Google Slides version before printing.
- Provide your students with the completed passage, and have them create a French and Indian War anchor chart or poster for the classroom.
To help your struggling readers,
- Complete the activity in a small group or 1:1 learning session.
- Provide students with an anchor chart, poster, or other French and Indian War resources to reference during the activity.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Because this resource includes an answer sheet, we recommend you print one copy of the entire file. Then, make photocopies of the blank worksheet for students to complete.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
[resource:4839247] [resource:4836075] [resource:4838861]