A fun phonics game for students to practice digraphs.
How to Set Up the Resource
- Print the spinner activity boards on cardstock.
- Cut out the arrows and attach one to each spinner using a brass brad. Alternatively, use a pencil and paper clip as the spinner.
- Print out the accompanying worksheets for students to use. Slip them inside of a dry-erase sleeve to be used again and again.
How to Play Individually
- Students spin the spinner and find an image that contains the digraph they land on. When they have found a match, they cover the image with a counter.
- Students find the matching image on the worksheet and write the word in the space provided.
How to Play With a Partner
- Each student chooses a set of colored counter.
- Students take turns spinning the spinner and finding an image that contains the digraph they land on. If a picture is already covered, it may not be covered again.
- When all of the images are covered, the student with the most counters on the game board wins.
A set of full instructions is included in the download. Use the drop-down menu to choose between the full color, low color, or black and white versions of the activity.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!