Celebrate Veterans Day with this soldier coloring sheet and Veterans Day activity for elementary school.
Looking for a quick Veterans Day activity or a way to honor Memorial Day in your classroom? Why not incorporate our versatile Veterans Day printables into your lesson plans?
Veterans Day Activity Ideas:
- Students color in the soldier and then write adjectives or characteristics of a soldier around the outside.
- Students build background and share what previous knowledge they have about soldiers.
- Students color in the soldier, cut it out and create a Veterans Day card for a local veteran. Collect all of your students’ cards and send them to your local veterans’ hospital to brighten some veterans’ day!
- Students color in the solder, cut it out, and glue it on a piece of paper. Then, have them create a setting for their soldier. Once this is done, students can write a narrative that includes their soldier and setting. If you don’t have time for an entire narrative, why not have them write a journal entry written by their soldier that includes the setting they have created.
- Students color in the soldier, cut it out and glue it to construction paper. They can then write what they learned about Veterans Day or Memorial Day around the outside.
- Students color in the soldier and write things they would like to remember this Veterans Day or Memorial Day around the outside.
More Holiday Resources
Looking for other ways to approach these important federal holidays? The resources can open up conversations about why we honor the members of the US military each year.
Use this elementary school art activity in the classroom around Memorial Day or when learning about the military.
Use this creative art activity when commemorating Memorial Day or Veterans Day in the classroom.