Replace your continents worksheets with a printable continents brochure project.
Need a Free Continents Activity For Kids?
We’ve got your back! You can ditch that continents worksheet and grab your student’s attention with a free continents project! If you’re looking for creative ideas to help your students research and identify the continents, this is the place!
Students will use geography books, maps, or websites to research and gather information about one of the world’s seven continents. Once their investigation is complete, they will use this template to create an informational brochure highlighting their learning.
Students can research, define, and describe different continents through this activity. Essential questions covered in this project are:
- What are the seven continents of the world?
- What is the definition of a continent?
- What are the major landmarks on each continent?
- What is the climate like on this continent?
- How do I locate the different continents on a map?
Ideas and Resources for Learning the Continents
Start your study of the seven continents by having your students look at our continents map before beginning their research. Give them choices to increase their engagement with the content!
- Teach your entire Continents Unit using a handy teaching presentation.
- Give your students printed copies of a world map to label and color.
- Provide your students with engaging games and puzzles to practice identifying the continents.
- Assess your students’ knowledge with an exit ticket or Google Slides Interactive activity.
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the Download button to download the Blackline PDF versions of this resource.
Print on cardstock for added durability and longevity.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and Teach Starter Collaborator.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities and resources that cut down on lesson planning time:
Practice identification of the major rivers, mountains, and land features in the United States with a Google Interactive activity. Explore the features of various landforms with this set of 20 exit tickets. Determine your students' mastery of Geography concepts with a set of twenty continents and oceans exit tickets.
Practice identification of the major rivers, mountains, and land features in the United States with a Google Interactive activity.
Explore the features of various landforms with this set of 20 exit tickets.
Determine your students' mastery of Geography concepts with a set of twenty continents and oceans exit tickets.