Ready to use the online spin wheel? Our teacher team has plenty of ideas for using this fun tool in the classroom!
The Ultimate Classroom Spin Wheel
Add an element of surprise and fun to classroom activities with the ultimate tool for teachers — a classroom spin wheel created by our teacher team for teachers like you!
The premise is simple — click to spin the wheel, and the section that the pointer lands on determines the outcome. This classroom spinner has become a popular behavior management tool among teachers in the Teach Start community, but the opportunities don’t stop there. Read on to find out how to use this free tool, plus some ideas from our teacher team!
How to Use Teach Starter’s Free Spin Wheel for Teachers
Change the words on the Spin Wheel via the setting menu. You can choose one of your saved Word Lists or add the words to the text box separated by commas. When you’re done, just click “Spin” in the middle of the wheel!
Customize your Word Lists so they are ready to use with your class anytime!
Ways to Use This Online Spin Wheel in the Classroom
- Add students’ names to the spin wheel to choose a student at random. This works well for assigning classroom jobs, answering a question, or coming to the board to play the teacher’s assistant! You can load your entire class list into your Teach Starter account to make this easy — just use the same list each time you need to choose a student at random.
- Add the names of different prizes to the wheel tool, and use it as your classroom prize wheel. When your class has earned a reward, project the spin wheel on the screen and hit “Spin.” Choosing a classroom prize has never been so easy!
- The Spin Wheel is perfect to use for spin-and-speak activities. Input different sentence starters that students must complete with a partner. Looking for a great getting-to-know-you activity for back to school? Why not input different favorite scenarios like favorite food, favorite movie, favorite outdoor activity, and then hit “Spin.” As the wheel is spinning, students roam around the classroom. When it stops, they find the person closest to them and answer the prompt!
- Add to your ELA activities! Are you trying to find a quick activity for your students to practice blends? We have one for you! Input different blends your students are working on, and hit “Spin.” Set a timer, and have your students make a list of words that include that blend.
- Use it for review games. Use the wheel to gamify review time! Add different categories to the wheel, and have your students spin the wheel to determine the topic for a review question.
The ideas are endless with this simple spinner app!
Looking for more help? Get some tips from our teacher team: