Sound and Letter Art Ideas

Sound and Letter Art Ideas

Written by Holly (Teach Starter)

Our lovely friend over @littlemisskindy_  has shared her single letter art and craft she has done so far this year! More to come!

I had to share, I just think they are the cutest images and can see young students absolutely loving creating these gorgeous letter characters.

Create a template for each of these letters and have them printed on coloured paper for your students to cut out and create!

A is for Alligator

P is for Peacock

B is for Bee

F is for Fish

H is for House

V is for Vase

X is for Xylophone

Let us know what art and craft you do for letters and sounds in the early years. We would love to hear from you!

Comments & feedback

• Great idea but there is a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters which may confuse some children.

Comment by Lynne Stephens on March 23, 2017 at 1:47 am

• Hi Lynne,

Good point and thanks for your comment!

I guess it all depends on how you teach the letters and sounds! I know I used to teach lowercase, uppercase and the sound at the same time! I believed exposing them to both helped them to distinguish the difference in their appearance.

As long as you started the craft lesson talking about what the lowercase and uppercase of that sound looked like, it could be a great learning opportunity to talk about which has been used to create the picture?

I also think you could easily modify these ideas to have them all lowercase or all uppercase!

Kind regards,
      Holly

Official comment by Holly (Teach Starter) on March 23, 2017 at 7:54 am

• I love these letter sounds! They look amazing and colourful which is really wonderful for classroom displays. Plus the kids had a lot of fun putting these together. I would love to see anymore you have and maybe templates you used?

Comment by Lara Lizzy on April 3, 2017 at 11:30 am

• Thanks for your comment Lara! These beautiful photos were kindly given to us by @littlemisskindy_ .
      I like the idea of having templates available for each letter of the alphabet! Perhaps you could request this resource on our website? If it gets enough votes – we will create it!

Request a teaching resource

Thanks again,
      Holly

Official comment by Holly (Teach Starter) on April 3, 2017 at 11:56 am

• This would be an awesome resource to make TeachStarter! As a document to give to the students, each student having a letter to create 🙂

Comment by Emma Jessica Rachel University on November 12, 2017 at 10:14 pm

• Hi Emma, thanks for your suggestion.

Please feel free to suggest it via the Request a Resource section: https://www.teachstarter.com/request-a-resource/

Your request will be voted on by the community. Each week, our team creates the most popular request. If your request hits the top of the list, we’ll be happy to make it for you!

Official comment by Holly (Teach Starter) on January 11, 2018 at 9:16 am

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Our Vision

We believe in a world where every child is inspired to build a purposeful and happy life through learning.

Jill Snape & Scott Tonges (founders)
Jill Scott

About Teach Starter

Start saving hours each week...

Free 200+ page pack Easy to use Save hours

Already a member? Log in...