Engage students in understanding place value to the hundreds with this place value card game.
Place Value Game for the Win!
Are you ready to transform place value learning into an exciting adventure? Students will love challenging each other using this fun, engaging place value game. This interactive game will have your students on the edge of their seats as they race to cover their entire board and emerge as the place value champion! 🏆
Some of the 3-digit place value questions asked in this game include:
- A number with a zero in the tens place.
- A number whose digits add up to 11 or more.
- Any number that is greater than 500.
- An number that is less than 500.
How to Play this Place Value Game
- Distribute a game board to each player. Place the cards in a pile, face-down, in the middle of the playing space.
- Player 1 chooses a card to cover a matching place value clue on their game board.
- If a player doesn’t find a match, they may choose to use the ‘Free Number’ space or lose their turn, and return their card to the bottom of the pile.
- Play continues until a player covers all the place value clues on their game board!
Download and Play Today!
Use the dropdown menu to choose between the easy-to-print PDF version of this resource or the editable Google Slide version. It is strongly recommended that you print this on thick card or laminate this resource so that it can be used time and time again.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a Teach Starter collaborator.
More Place Value Activities for the Classroom
Looking for more resources to add to your place value lesson plans? We have you covered…
Teach students the different representations of 2-digit numbers with this place value puzzle.
Determine the correct paths through each maze using knowledge of place value.
Explore expanding 3 digit numbers with your students using this number expander template.