A 22 slide editable PowerPoint presentation to use when exploring how Indigenous peoples care for Country and Place in sustainable ways.
Use this teaching presentation when learning about the custodial responsibility that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have for Country and Place and how their traditional knowledge of the earth can be used to influence views about sustainability.
This Geography PowerPoint addresses the following content:
- how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have used sustainable practices for tens and thousands of years
- how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ ways of living were adapted to the resources of their Country/Place.
Specific examples include:
- the riverine plains of the Wiradjuri and Murray River people
- the alpine country of the Ngarigo people
- the rainforests of the KuKu Yalanji people
- the desert country of the Arrernte people
- how fire is used to manage the land.
This PowerPoint presentation includes:
- informative slides
- whole class activities
- independent tasks.
How do I open and edit this PowerPoint presentation?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Comments & Reviews
Slide 8 - European settlement changed to European invasion.
Change by Alison Smith 16th May, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!