A 22 slide editable PowerPoint presentation to use when exploring how Indigenous peoples care for Country and Place in sustainable ways.
Use this teaching presentation when learning about the custodial responsibility that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have for Country and Place and how their traditional knowledge of the earth can be used to influence views about sustainability.
This Geography PowerPoint addresses the following content:
- how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have used sustainable practices for tens and thousands of years
- how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ ways of living were adapted to the resources of their Country/Place.
Specific examples include:
- the riverine plains of the Wiradjuri and Murray River people
- the alpine country of the Ngarigo people
- the rainforests of the KuKu Yalanji people
- the desert country of the Arrernte people
- how fire is used to manage the land.
This PowerPoint presentation includes:
- informative slides
- whole class activities
- independent tasks.