A 23 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when introducing students to the climate, vegetation and animals of Australia.
It addresses the following content:
- the main climate zones of Australia (arid, tropical, temperate)
- the primary vegetation types of Australia (deserts, semi-arid grasslands, tropical rainforests, tropical grasslands, eucalyptus forests)
- the plant life that can be found within each vegetation type
- the animals that live within each vegetation type.
This PowerPoint presentation includes:
- informative slides
- links to resources
- whole class activities
- independent tasks.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Humanities and Social Sciences > HASS > Year 3 > Inquiry and skills > Researching > ACHASSI054
Record, sort and represent data and the location of places and their characteristics in different formats, including simple graphs, tables and maps, using discipline-appropriate conventionsElaboration...
- Humanities and Social Sciences > HASS > Year 3 > Knowledge and Understanding > Geography > ACHASSK066
The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and humanElaborationsusi...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!