A poster which is a handy guide for students to use when choosing books to read.
Foster a genuine love of reading by helping your students select books which will engage them. This poster provides simple steps to follow and hints on deciding the level of difficulty. The steps include:
- checking out the cover
- having a look at the title
- taking note of the author
- opening the book and flicking through
- selecting a page and reading it
- using the 5 finger test for level of difficulty
- deciding whether the book seems interesting
The student’s motivation to read the book is highlighted as the most important aspect of book selection.
For more ideas on reading engagement, visit our blog.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!