A mathematics investigation about financial mathematics and measurement, embedded in a real-world context.
In this investigation, students must use their knowledge and understanding of a range of mathematical concepts to design a mini golf hole for their backyard. They are required to submit a detailed diagram and financial plan for their mini golf hole using the worksheets and supplementary materials provided within the resource.
This teaching resource includes:
- teacher notes, detailing a range of important information about the investigation
- a detailed description of the investigation for students, including step-by-step instructions
- golf supplies catalogue
- a design template
- various recording worksheets
- a checklist for students
- reflection questions.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Number and Algebra > Money and financial mathematics > ACMNA106
Create simple financial plansElaborationscreating a simple budget for a class fundraising event (Skills: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability)identifying ...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG135
Connect decimal representations to the metric systemElaborationsrecognising the equivalence of measurements such as 1.25 metres and 125 centimetres (Skills: Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking)(V...
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG109
Calculate perimeter and area of rectangles using familiar metric unitsElaborationsexploring efficient ways of calculating the perimeters of rectangles such as adding the length and width together and ...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Number and Algebra > Number and place value > ACMNA123
Select and apply efficient mental and written strategies and appropriate digital technologies to solve problems involving all four operations with whole numbersElaborationsapplying strategies already ...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG136
Convert between common metric units of length, mass and capacityElaborationsidentifying and using the correct operations when converting units including millimetres, centimetres, metres, kilometres, m...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG137
Solve problems involving the comparison of lengths and areas using appropriate unitsElaborationsrecognising and investigating familiar objects using concrete materials and digital technologies (Skills...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Number and Algebra > Fractions and decimals > ACMNA128
Add and subtract decimals, with and without digital technologies, and use estimation and rounding to check the reasonableness of answersElaborationsextending whole-number strategies to explore and dev...
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Number and Algebra > Number and place value > ACMNA291
Use efficient mental and written strategies and apply appropriate digital technologies to solve problemsElaborationsusing calculators to check the reasonableness of answers (Skills: Numeracy, Informat...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Number and Algebra > Fractions and decimals > ACMNA129
Multiply decimals by whole numbers and perform divisions by non-zero whole numbers where the results are terminating decimals, with and without digital technologiesElaborationsinterpreting the results...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!