A worksheet pack to use when introducing the concept of fractions.
Provide this worksheet pack to students to assist them in consolidating their understanding of fractions. Some of the activities in this workbook include:
- identifying one-half of objects and groups of animals
- identifying one-quarter of shapes
- identifying how many quarters are in a picture
- sorting halves and quarters into a table
- identifying one-third and two-thirds in shapes and groups of animals
- identifying halves, thirds and quarters
- matching different fractions of fifths
- identifying fractions of eighths
- problem solving questions.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
NSW Curriculum alignment
FractionsandDecimals - represents and models halves, quarters and eighths
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Recognise and interpret common uses of halves, quarters and eighths of shapes and collections
Australian Curriculum alignment
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Update of worksheet design.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 20th, 2020
Fixed wording error on page 4 - changed 'would' to 'what'
Fix by Jill (Teach Starter) Nov 20th, 2016
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!