A worksheet pack to use when introducing the concept of halves, thirds, quarters, fifths, and eighths.
Provide part or all of this pack to students to assist them in consolidating their understanding of fractions.Some of the activities in this journal include:
- identifying one half of objects and groups of animals
- identifying one quarter of shapes
- identifying how many quarters are in a picture
- sorting halves and quarters into a table
- identifying one third and two thirds in shapes and groups of animals
- identifying halves, thirds and quarters
- matching different fractions of fifths with pictures of pizza
- identifying fractions of eighths
- problem solving questions.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of id...
Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!