A worksheet pack to use when introducing the concept of halves, thirds, quarters, fifths, and eighths.
Provide part or all of this pack to students to assist them in consolidating their understanding of fractions.Some of the activities in this journal include:
- identifying one half of objects and groups of animals
- identifying one quarter of shapes
- identifying how many quarters are in a picture
- sorting halves and quarters into a table
- identifying one third and two thirds in shapes and groups of animals
- identifying halves, thirds and quarters
- matching different fractions of fifths with pictures of pizza
- identifying fractions of eighths
- problem solving questions.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of id...
Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b....
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!