A fun interactive way for your students to get to know each other at the beginning of a school year.
This resource includes a spinner and 18 different icebreaker activities.
How to use this resource:
- Print and cut out the spinner and arrow.
- Attach the arrow to the spinner using a split pin.
- Display the icebreaker activity cards on a wall in your classroom.
- Pick a student to spin the spinner.
- As a class, students need to pick which icebreaker activity they are going to play by matching the colour of the spinner to the colour of the borders on the task cards.
- If there are two activities with the same colour border, students can vote as a class.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Find more resources for these topics
It consists of 8 lessons of approximately 60 minutes duration. These lessons may be taught as a complete unit of work, or they may be taught individually as stand-alone lessons. The sequence of lessons and suggested time frames should be regarded as a guide only; teachers should pace lessons in accordance with the individual learning needs of their class. Teachers are encouraged to collect samples of students’ work throughout the unit to reflect their learning journey.
by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Jun 18th, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!