A printable kindness reflection mini book template for kids.
Create Sprinkle Kindness Activity Books Students Can Take Home! 💖
This adorable kindness mini-book template has been designed by our teacher team to get your students thinking about all of the ways to be kind — whether it be to others, themselves, or even to the planet (hello Earth Day activity!).
The activity book includes five different tasks, including writing prompts that encourage students to:
- List random acts of kindness
- Write a list of build-ups they can say to make a friend’s day
- Write a list of personal affirmations to boost their own self-esteem
- List ways that they can be kind to the environment.
Students are also challenged to add a visual element to finish their books by drawing a picture of what kindness looks like to them.
In addition to being relevant for holidays such as Random Acts of Kindness Day, World Kindness Day, or Earth Day, the printable book would also make a good end-of-year or beginning-of-year activity that gets kids writing. Using it in the first week of school? You’ll have a window into students’ writing abilities from the get-go!
How to Make the Mini Booklets With Your Class
- Print the mini booklets at their “actual size” and do not reduce or enlarge it. This will ensure the page edges line up without trimming. It may not look right in the print preview, but “actual size” is the best way to print it!
- Once printed, fold all of the lines on the page, including all of the horizontal and vertical lines.
- Open the piece of paper and then refold it again along the middle vertical line.
- Cut the dotted line.
- Open the piece of paper and then refold the paper in half along the middle horizontal line.
- Push pages together so that all the pages are on the outside. The cut section will open out in a diamond shape before folding in on itself to form a mini-book.
- Hand out to students, and have them get creative filling in the various pages of their new kindness books!
Before You Download
This resource prints as a PDF. Use the dropdown arrow on the Download button to choose between the color or black and white version. The latter will not only help you save color ink, but it will allow students to get more creative.