A mathematics investigation involving length, embedded in a real-world context.
In this investigation, the school principal needs to find helpers to give a signal to be quiet during assemblies. The assemblies take place in a large space so he needs people with long fingers so that everyone can actually see the signal!
This teaching resource includes:
- teacher notes, detailing a range of important information about the investigation
- a detailed description of the investigation for students, including step-by-step instructions
- collecting and recording data worksheet
- reflection questions.
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Mathematics > Year 1 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG019
Measure and compare the lengths and capacities of pairs of objects using uniform informal unitsElaborationsunderstanding that in order to compare objects, the unit of measurement must be the same size...
- Mathematics > Year 2 > Measurement and Geometry > Using units of measurement > ACMMG037
Compare and order several shapes and objects based on length, area, volume and capacity using appropriate uniform informal unitsElaborationscomparing lengths using finger length, hand span or a piece ...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!