Learn words that contain the 'ng' digraph with these word and picture flashcards.
Ng Digraph Teaching and Learning
Once students have been introduced to the ‘ng’ sound through listening activities, visual aids, such as posters, and these word and image flashcards become valuable tools. Not only can they be used to display around the classroom as a visual reminder, but they can also be used for activities such as word hunts, sorting games, and more.
This set of ng digraph word cards includes the following words and matching images:
Ng Digraph Activities
Here are some suggestions of how you can use this set of word and picture cards in engaging activities in the classroom when learning about the digraph ‘ng’:
- Create your own picture cards that can go with this set of picture cards.
- Scatter these picture cards around the classroom and have students locate each word card.
- Prepare two sets of cards – one with pictures and one with corresponding word labels. Have the students match the pictures with the correct word labels, emphasising the “ng” sound.
- Place the picture cards in a bag. Each student takes turns reaching into the bag, pulling out a card, and identifying the word with the “ng” sound. You can make it more challenging by having them use the word in a sentence.
- Divide the class into teams. Place a set of picture cards at one end of the room and an empty basket at the other. Students take turns picking a card, saying the word, and running to the basket to deposit it. The first team to correctly place all their cards wins.
Download and Display Today!
Use the dropdown menu to choose between the easy-to-use PDF version for this resource or the editable Google Slide version.
It is recommended that you print on cardstock to ensure the durability of this resource. If you intend to use these flashcards regularly – you may need to laminate them.
More Digraph Resources
Are you looking for more resources to use in the classroom when teaching your students about consonant digraphs? We have you covered…
Practise decoding words by their digraphs with this set of 28 dominoes.
Expose your students to the most common vowel digraphs with this set of 24 posters.
Practise writing and enhancing knowledge of vowel digraphs with this worksheet pack.