A fun activity where students scan QR codes to go on a scavenger hunt around the school, ending up at the Library.
Students use a QR code scanning app on a tablet to scan each QR code poster to reveal a clue to find the next destination around the school.
To use this resource in the classroom:
- print and laminate the set of QR posters
- place the posters at the places mentioned at the top of each poster
- place the students into pairs or small groups
- provide each student with a recording worksheet
- provide each group with a tablet where a free QR code scanning app has been pre-installed
- instruct the students to begin their scavenger hunt at the ‘Start here!’ poster
- students scan the QR code to reveal a clue
- students read the clue then work out where the next QR code poster might be
- students record the destinations in sequential order on their worksheets.
If you want to create your own QR Scavenger Hunt – check out our QR Code Scavenger Hunt Template Posters.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
The illustration for 'Find the Principal's Office' has been changed.
Change by Paul (Teach Starter) Jan 21st, 2020
Amended typo in QR scanner clue for the oldest students' classroom.
Fix by Holly (Teach Starter) Aug 13th, 2017
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!