A set of 36 low colour tangram task cards separated into three levels, along with two tangram cut-out templates.
Use this resource when exploring geometric shapes and their properties with the students. This resource includes three difficulty levels for the construction of tangram shapes:
- Individual shapes and hues
- Individual shapes with black outline
- Silhouette only with black outline
This resource also contains tangram templates for cutting out which relate to the different levels.
A version without background graphics has been included for low ink printing.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
- Task Card Cut-outs
- Task Cards Level 1 Low Color
- Task Cards Level 2 Low Color
- Task Cards Level 3 Low Color
- Task Cards All Levels Low Color
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Mathematics > Year 2 > Measurement and Geometry > Shape > ACMMG042
Describe and draw two-dimensional shapes, with and without digital technologiesElaborationsidentifying key features of squares, rectangles, triangles, kites, rhombuses and circles, such as straight li...
- Mathematics > Year 3 > Measurement and Geometry > Geometric reasoning > ACMMG064
Identify angles as measures of turn and compare angle sizes in everyday situationsElaborationsopening doors partially and fully and comparing the size of the angles created (Skills: Numeracy, Critical...
- Mathematics > Year 4 > Measurement and Geometry > Geometric reasoning > ACMMG089
Compare angles and classify them as equal to, greater than, or less than, a right angleElaborationscreating angles and comparing them to a right angle using digital technologies (Skills: Numeracy, Inf...
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Measurement and Geometry > Geometric reasoning > ACMMG112
Estimate, measure and compare angles using degrees. Construct angles using a protractorElaborationsmeasuring and constructing angles using both 180° and 360° protractors (Skills: Numeracy)re...
- Mathematics > Year 6 > Measurement and Geometry > Geometric reasoning > ACMMG141
Investigate, with and without digital technologies, angles on a straight line, angles at a point and vertically opposite angles. Use results to find unknown anglesElaborationsidentifying the size of a...
- Mathematics > Year 4 > Measurement and Geometry > Shape > ACMMG088
Compare and describe two dimensional shapes that result from combining and splitting common shapes, with and without the use of digital technologies Elaborationsidentifying common two-dimensional shap...
- Mathematics > Year 4 > Measurement and Geometry > Location and transformation > ACMMG091
Create symmetrical patterns, pictures and shapes with and without digital technologiesElaborationsusing stimulus materials such as the motifs in Central Asian textiles, Tibetan artefacts, Indian lotus...
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Measurement and Geometry > Location and transformation > ACMMG114
Describe translations, reflections and rotations of two-dimensional shapes. Identify line and rotational symmetriesElaborationsidentifying and describing the line and rotational symmetry of a range of...
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Measurement and Geometry > Location and transformation > ACMMG115
Apply the enlargement transformation to familiar two dimensional shapes and explore the properties of the resulting image compared with the originalElaborationsusing digital technologies to enlarge sh...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!