Promote emotional awareness and self-regulation in your classroom with this classroom poster.
Emotional Self-Regulation: A Lifelong Skill
As teachers (who always have a lot going on!), we sometimes forget that our little learners have a lot going on in their own lives, too. This can affect their mood, as well as their readiness to learn. It is not always possible to leave these emotions behind when they walk through the classroom door!
This classroom poster has been designed to help learners of all ages to identify how they are feeling. This is an essential emotional awareness skill that, once learned, will stand our students in good stead throughout their lives. The diverse range of emotions that humans can feel on any one day have been grouped into four categories to help them become more recognisable by the students:
- Tuckered Out Team – Uninterested, unwell, unmotivated, sleepy, confused.
- Cool Crew – Motivated, optimistic, positive, happy, collaborative, cooperative.
- Silly Squad – Overexcited, anxious, fidgety, impatient, unfocused, skilly.
- Grumpy Gang – Hurtful, agitated, mean, boisterous, terrified, aggressive.
Next to each group, the poster has room to list strategies that could be applied when attempting to overcome more troublesome emotions in a safe and productive way. It is recommended that this section of the poster be completed as a collaborative activity with your class. Strategies could include:
- Getting a drink of water
- Going for a walk or running an errand
- Putting on noise-cancelling headphones
- Doing some mindful breathing
- Doing a calming activity, like doing a puzzle or reading a book
Download This Emotional Self-Regulation Poster
This poster downloads as a full-colour PDF. Access the resource using the Download button above.
Looking for more great emotional self-regulation resources to use with your students? We have you covered!
[resource:4803423] [resource:2200658] [resource:2200638]