A set of 12 vocabulary cards used to describe the weather.
Use these vocabulary cards to explore themes to do with seasons and weather, such as how different weather feels and what it looks like.
Ideas for Teaching Weather Vocabulary in the Classroom
These cards can be used to explore the weather in a number of engaging ways!
Hold up each card and ask children prompting questions, such as
- What does this kind of weather look like?
- How might you dress if the weather was like this?
- What body actions can you make to represent this type of weather?
- Which weather words would you use to describe the weather in Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring?
- How does this type of weather make you feel?