Use this set of 12 weather vocabulary cards to explore words that cover terms such as sunny, humid, overcast, and foggy.
Ideas for Teaching Weather Vocabulary in the Classroom
A team of dedicated, experienced educators created this resource to support your science lessons.
These cards can be used to explore the weather in a number of engaging ways!
Hold up each card and ask children prompting questions, such as:
- What does this kind of weather look like?
- How might you dress if the weather was like this?
- What body actions can you make to represent this type of weather?
- Which weather words would you use to describe the weather in summer, autumn (fall), winter, or spring?
- How does this type of weather make you feel?
These cards also work well when used during your morning calendar time when discussing the weather outside!
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the Download button to access the PDF version of this resource.
Print on cardstock for added durability and longevity. Place all pieces in a folder or large envelope for easy access.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities and resources that cut down on lesson planning time:
[resource:4949279] [resource:4949532] [resource:2651674]