A set of 12 vocabulary cards used to describe the weather.
Use these vocabulary cards to explore words that have to do with weather, such as humid and foggy.
Ideas for Teaching Weather Vocabulary in the Classroom
These cards can be used to explore the weather in a number of engaging ways!
Hold up each card and ask children prompting questions, such as:
- What does this kind of weather look like?
- How might you dress if the weather was like this?
- What body actions can you make to represent this type of weather?
- Which weather words would you use to describe the weather in summer, autumn (fall), winter, or spring?
- How does this type of weather make you feel?
These cards also work well when used during your morning calendar time when discussing the weather outside!
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.