A small group or whole class activity to consolidate the concept of fractions (whole, half, quarters and eighths).
This teaching resource includes two levels. The first level covers whole, half and quarters. The second level also includes eighths.
How to use this resource:
- Print out the appropriate spinner template and attach one of the red arrows using a split pin.
- It is best to laminate the spinner template and arrow.
- You may print one and play as a whole class or print a few and have the students play the game in small groups.
- Each child will need a copy of the Share your Pizza black and white worksheet.
- The teacher or a student will spin the spinner.
- The number the spinner lands on is how many people they need to share the pizza with.
- Using the Share your Pizza black and white worksheet the students will colour in how many pieces of pizza are required so that each person gets an equal piece.
- Repeat the above process until all the pizzas have been coloured in.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in key stage 1 is to ensure that pupils develop confidence and mental fluency with whole numbers, counting and place value. This should involve working with numerals, words and the four operations, includin...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!