It’s one of the most celebrated days on the national calendar – Independence Day is nearly here! Celebrate the fireworks and fun this holiday with some 4th of July craft activities for kids.
Commemorating the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July, 1776, Independence Day is a great opportunity to celebrate the culture, values, and freedoms of modern-day America.
So gather your kids around, don your red, white, and blue and have a 4th of July to remember!
Amazing 4th of July Craft Activities for Kids!
Show your patriotism with these amazing and easy art activities. They require little to no preparation or extra equipment. They really are perfect at-school or at-home Independence Day crafts!
Paper Lantern Art Activity
As the fireworks flash, the lanterns will light up with Independence Day cheer!
Create your own 4th of July lantern with the Independence Day Paper Lantern Art Activity. Use these lanterns to decorate your home or party!
To create this art you will need:
- lantern template
- red and blue oil pastels (or a medium of your choice!)
Follow the steps in the resource to create your lantern! Personalize it with fun tape or gold star stickers. Fill it with crushed orange and yellow paper for a lit-up effect! P.s – They’d go great alongside our United States of America Flag – Pennant Banner, United States of America Flag – Rectangular Pennant Banner, or United States of America Flag – Letters and Number Pennant Banners!
Stars and Stripes Mosaic Fun
We’ve grabbed the black and white flag template from our The American Flag – Posters to create a flag to remember!
Hang the stars and stripes with pride this 4th of July by using a mosaic effect to fill in the red and white stripes.
To complete this activity you should grab:
- a random assortment of scrap paper, magazines, or craft paper
- the black and white template from The American Flag – Posters
- colored pens or pencils for the stars section of the flag.
Why not print this off on a larger piece of paper and use a mosaic effect to finish off the stars as well?
4th of July Coloring
Our final craft is a twist on coloring pages that helps bring the Independence Day spirit!
Use these amazing Independence Day Coloring Sheets to teach your kids about the excitement of Independence Day!
These may seem like humble coloring sheets, but they present a great opportunity for children to practice their coloring and pattern skills. The large font types on each page are great for filling with a variety of fun and interesting patterns!
You will need:
- 5 x Independence Day Coloring Sheets
- colored pens, pencils, or crayons
- your imagination!
Go wild with these fun and bright coloring sheets! Why not ask your children to draw their own coloring poster when they’re done?
Even More Craft Ideas…
Why stop there? We have so many amazing 4th of July ideas, there’s something for everyone. Using our Stars and Stripes Classroom Theme Pack, give one of these a try:
1. Create a windsock using the Stars and Stripes – Border Trimmers, a cardboard roll, and some streamers.
2. Make a friendly 4th of July mascot with our Stars and Stripes – Cut Out Decorations. This is a great task for putting those fine motor skills to use! Cutting, folding, drawing – it has it all!
3. Use those same Stars and Stripes – Cut Out Decorations to create a quick and easy paper plate wreath!