Celebrate the first day of school, get to know your students, and learn everyone’s names with a first day name plate craftivity project.
Desk Name Plates and First Day Activity in One!
Hey, teachers. Do you struggle with learning all of your students’ names? It doesn’t have to be hard, or nerve-wracking. The 3-D Desk Name Plate project saves the day as fun a first-day activity for students, and as an easy memory aid for teachers!
- Download the project template.
- Students will complete the brainstorming and project planning sheets to prepare for the final creation of their custom desk nameplates.
- Once the planning phase is complete, print students a copy of the personalized desk name plate template and set them to work on their final creation.
- Assemble the desk plate into a 3D triangular prism, grade them with the included rubric, and have students reflect on their project.
Ultimately, your students will create colorful and fun back-to-school name tags for themselves so you can learn their names quickly and easily.
Bonus, these cards work great for quick seating charts all year long! Simply put the cards out in the order you want them before students come in and ask them to find their names. You can easily break up problem pairings or distribute students who know how to lead within groups using this simple system.
What is Included?
This back-to-school craftivity includes:
- Directions, Planning Page, Rubric, and Reflection Worksheets
- Blackline DIY Nameplate for Desk Template
Visit our catalog for more amazing resources specifically designed for
- First Day of School Activities – 3rd Grade
- First Day of School Activities – 5th Grade
- First Day of School Activities – 4th Grade
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the Download button to download the PDF version of this resource.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and a Teach Starter collaborator.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more Back to School activities and resources that are sure to help kick off your school year!
|[resource:4656879] [resource:2666582] [resource:4811011]|